Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What's in a name?

I saw an ad on the back of some magazine with Felicity Hufman's face and the Dove Soap moniker beneath it. Naturally the curiosity got the best of me to find out if I was hallucinating or really seeing this. So of course I Googled it and sure enough, it would appear that Dove has introduced a new brand called "Dove Calming Night", because we all know how we're suckers for brand strategy. You can see these spots if you go to the Dove Night web site. Regardless, I'm going to pull out that Oprah card again, but please bear with me.

She too was on the Oscar episode and of course she was glammed out. You know how agents position their stars once they've done a controversial role. See Hillary Swank. It's tits out- hey I'm a woman. Heath Ledger, Casanova...you get the picture.

Anyhow, she was talking about how her mother changed her birth name as it was not considered a good christian name. Originally it was Flicka. All I could think was what the Fucka kind of name is Flicka?! And what the hell is in Dove Calming Night cream that makes you sleep better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home