Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Suri with the fringe on top

It truly is a sign of the pending Apocalypse. I vowed I would not write about this, but how can I pass up the fact that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have had a baby?

To top it off they named her Suri. The origin of this name is either Hebrew or Persian according to sources. Does that jibe with the Church of Scientology? It makes me want to hum a few bars of Cat Stevens "Peace Train". Look what happened to him. Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

According to Scientology rules, parents are supposed to supplement a formula of barley water mixed with homogenized milk and corn syrup in place of mother's breast milk or store bought formulas. They also feel that naturally breast feeding a baby is Freudian and nostalgic- a poor choice as the life choices of a modern mother can negatively affect their children.

I wonder what poor Brooke Shields makes of all this? Her baby girl Grier was born on the same day. At the very least I am sure there will not be any joint birthday parties going on between them.

Not to be outdone, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are cosidering having their baby in Africa and giving the child a Nambian name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

I write science fiction too, can I start my own religion like L. Ron Hubbard? What a wingnut, and those other wingnuts who believe in all that crap.

And you just know he had women issues. All the way back to HIS mother. Just look at all his birth regulations: no talking, no sound, no breast milk. Basically, no bonding.
I'm thinking he either didn't get his way with mommy or with a wife or two. So, he takes it out on the women in his 'religion'.

Debbi

10:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think you're right about L. Ron. It would figure that Tom Cruise in all his insecurity needs a religion that controls women. Maybe that's why Nikki Kidman left his sad ass.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home