Tuesday, April 18, 2006

7553

The bus home today smelled like feet. My keen olfactory senses were trying to locate the origin of this, while contemplating which stop to get off at. I was uncertain how long I could endure it as it seemed to be getting more potent the closer we got to my exit destination of Belmont and Lake Shore.

I thought for a moment that maybe it was coming from the hyper queen a few seats in front of me. His demeanor was certainly rank enough. I caught a few words that he squealed out, "lesion', "spread-eagle", "bath house" all followed by a cackle. Did I mention that he also was sporting a red Kabbalah bracelet. Becky no! This made me quake in my boots to think about my employer's desire to give us all a Myers & Briggs test. They will surely see that I am not as nice as I pretend to be. ha! ha!

I was relieved to exit the bus and step out into the sun dappled early evening. This kind of light casts a soft wash over everything. I found myself walking home and wishing I had brought my camera with me to capture such a moment as this.

The beauty of a spring day is that no one day is a duplicate of the last. Although that could be said of any day I suppose, I think you notice them more at first. Trees that have flowers on them, tulips and hyacinths and the scent of green. It makes me miss living in Rochester New York and heading out to Highland Park for their Lilac Festival in May. When it's a good year there, multitudes of lilac tress are in bloom and the smell is almost intoxicating.

Ironically it is also one of the few times of the year that families go to this park as it is an unofficial cruising ground for predatory men searching out the company of other men.

In my naivete I would have not believed this to be true and it may not be any longer, but when I lived there it certainly was. Once the spring and summer months hit, you could drive through one part of the park and see cars parked back to back. Some of them were empty, while others had a driver looking out into the night and hoping you might stop and follow them into the dark foliage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home