Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Conceptual Grapefruit

I was born with a canine sense of smell. Any time the gym locker room has a pungent and heinous scent I take notice. I was the only person at work who noticed the faint uriuc smell coming from the bathrooms, the kind of smell that is emitted from an unkempt park men's room. Nasty. I have traumatic memories of working in the seafood department at Wegmans with a hangover. Let's just say I like things to smell pleasant.

In lieu of this, I failed to mention that while out in Minneapolis visiting my friends, I discovered a sublime liquid soap in Todd's bathroom. It was the grapefruit ginger hand wash from Waterworks. Let's just say that I have become a bit geeked out about grapefruit being the scent for summer. I found myself sneaking into the bathroom to wash my hands just so I could smell them afterwards.

Sad, but true, later that weekend when we went to visit Todd and Jeffrey's friend Terry who was showing his photographs at the C|W Lofts space, Jeffrey and I discovered some sort of citrus handwash in the bathroom. No, I am not obssesed with bathrooms- well maybe the design of them and if they are clean. As I recall though, their hand wash paled in comparison to the superior Waterworks one.

I also discovered that Votivo makes a candle called summer grapefruit. It has brought me many days and nights of happiness as it emits a fresh, sweet grapefruit scent when it burns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home