Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sliver

This morning I was making a breakfast smoothie. The blender was having some resistance due to the viscous nature of the smoothie so I thought I would stir the contents with a wooden spoon. I must not have been completely awake because I proceeded to plunge the spoon down towards the blades. I heard the sound of wood making contact with metal and pulled the spoon out.

It was missing a small chunk and I figured the piece would be large enough to remove once I poured the contents into a glass. What I failed to realize was the piece of wood that had come of the spoon were now mini wood chips. I managed to remove a few while I ended up consuming others. I am certain that I will give birth to toothpicks sometime later today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I hope they don't come out sideways?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thankfully they didn't. :) I think next time I will certainly be more careful...

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home