Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May Music


Described as bedroom electronica, Myles MacInnes, otherwise known as Mylo recorded this album entirely at home with relatively basic computer software.

Taking cues from and literally cutting and pasting snippets of vocals and beats from acid house to ambient techno and downtempo trip-hop this album has a fresh and fun sound.

The first time I heard 'Drop the Pressure' which utilizes Miami Sound Machines 'Dr. Beat' with some naughy words added for good measure, I laughed out loud.

One of the albums highlights is 'In My Arms' which is a mashup of Kim Carnes 'Bette Davis Eyes' and Reel Lifes 'Waiting for a Star to Fall'. He's also done some great remix tracks for artists like Sia, The Killers and Moby.

It could also be my recent craving for the 80's sound resurgence as sonically that was in my opinion a great time of musical experimentation that brought us such artists as Depeche Mode, The Cure and New Order.

For other artists on my sonic radar check out my May music recommendations below.

1. Make Up Sex: Clear Static
2. Androgyny: Garbage
3. Dakota: Stereophonics
4. Crash and Burn Girl: Robyn
5. Since You're Gone: Sono
6. Don't Stop the Dance: BiTer mc & Elena Deluca
7. Diamente: Blue States
8. Gloom: Seelenluft
9. We've Been Had: The Walkmen
10. Lightning Strikes Twice: Saint Etienne
11. Close Enough (Noel SangerRadio Edit): Keo Nozari
12. I Drive Alone: Esthero
13. Twist: Goldfrapp
14. Shine: Cinérex
15. Poster of a Girl: Metric
16. Don't Falter: Mint Royale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home