Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Gotta' Go Right Now

You've probably seen the commercials on TV with people who "gotta' go right now" springing up during awkward social moments to dash to the restroom. Well that was me last Tuesday afternoon.

I don't know if I had too much coffee, water or if it's just a sign of getting older, but my bladder just ain't what it used to be. My family once called me the camel as we would go on day trips and I could walk around all day and not go once. I'm not saying that was a good thing and looking back on this, it was probably because I wasn't drinking enough liquid at the time.

I had some errands to run and wasn't doing the pee, pee dance or anything like that, but sometime shortly after my sojourn to Club Monaco on Halsted I began to feel my bladder saying release.

I figured between there and my next destination a Starbucks would be available and I could just duck into there and use their bathroom. I was in Lincoln Park after all, where there's a Starbucks within a stone's throw.

As you can probably surmise, I didn't make it that far. Without much warning my bladder told my brain, "either you wet your pants, or find somewhere to go". Thankfully, I was near the 'L' and there was a port o johnny under the tracks which I quickly ducked into and relieved myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home