Thursday, May 18, 2006

Late Night Confessions

I consider myself extremely lucky for having the health that I do, or should I say whatever sanity I am able to maintain in a world of insanity due to the fact that I typically steer clear of the Happy Hour crowd.

I wouldn't necessarily classify it as maintaining damage control, more like generating good PR. You see, I am one of those types that has one drink and doesn't stop there. I just treat it like I would a glass of water. I don't know what sipping is.

I went to dinner with my friend Adam on Tuesday night because I was feeling spontaneous. I had a coffee date earlier in the day and without bursting my own bubble will say that he shows promise and leave it at that. If more develops on that front I'll keep you posted and you can say that you heard it first here. lol.

In a nutshell, Adam and I finished off a bottle of wine between the two of us during dinner, which was pretty much rice and chicken. We were both feeling pretty good as the conversation was lively and our blood had been replaced with Pinot Grigio. It didn't take long for us to decide that it might be fun to go have a drink at Mini Bar. He started a new job, I had a coffee date, so we both concurred this was reason enough to celebrate. After trying their tequila flight, I was done.

I began texting our mutual friend Ian in NYC, who was ironically out doing the same thing as us. I suddenly felt very sad indeed.

I'm getting ready for a trip to Minneapolis to visit my friends Todd and Jeffrey and of course I am in the midst of doing too many things at once. It's as if my whole ability to plan has been thrown out the window as I used all that energy up at work today trying to conceal the fact that I had not gotten enough sleep. I even went out in the hall and ran into my next door neighbors without realizing that I had remnants of dinner on my face. I was so hungry after I made it that I literally couldn't get it into my mouth fast enough.

Thankfully this is not a frequent occurrence with me and it serves as a gentle reminder that I am getting older and with this comes a certain sense of responsibility to your internal clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home