Monday, January 19, 2009

pot.luck

Lately I've been getting the itch to start blogging again. What with my rabid fan base and my quest to regain the former fame and glory of my previous endeavors- the itch has become more of a rash- (tongue planted firmly in cheek.)

Being the day before a new era begins in our country I felt it timely to document my social faux-paus at our friends Benjy and Erik's dinner soiree last night. Suffice to say when I heard the word nominee, I thought it was a conversation about announcing the nominees for the Academy Awards- oopsy!

The dinner party was lots of fun and a great way to spend a Sunday evening. It was small dinner party and the invite was plenty enough to get Wally and I to attend, I mean how often are you invite to a party where the host will be serving a risotto that give you cardiac arrest and a desert that makes your face melt? I always did love that scene where face melts in Raiders of the Lost Ark. There was also mention of bringing a side that would make thge attendees shit their pants-

Our side was a roasted butternut squash soup- which was mostlt roasted acorn squash as the local supermarket only had two butternut squash and we needed to make enough soup to feed eight. The challenge was to also make everything vegitarian friendy, so we replaced the chicken stock with veggie stock and I must say it was still quite tasty- although methinks that all the veggie food is cleansing my system today. I've pooped three times today already.

That must be why Benjy and Erik always stay so trim.

4 Comments:

Blogger hipsterhomo said...

Two poops for me! The first came out in long lazy coil. It reminded me of my sock monkey's tail.

The soup was a major hit, btw!

12:17 PM  
Blogger ally said...

ewwwww! bowel movements! TMI!!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger The Benigma said...

Although I never make it a point to talk about my BMs, since you're blogging again... why the hell not? I pooped twice this morning. I think it was the color of a certain soup two of my neighbors brought over.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ha! I think I had one, twoooo, threee! BM's that day- it's a gift and I felt so fresh afterwards.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home