Wednesday, March 25, 2009

broadcast.news

Mobile phones are a wonderful invention however, like most tech items that provide convenience, they are abused. Phones keep getting smaller and sleeker, while the end-user gets louder. Don’t get me wrong I’d be a hypocrite if I weren’t admittedly guilty of not using my indoor voice while talking on the cellie- but these people literally broadcast their issues and insecurities for the entire world to hear.

When did this become commonplace or, for that matter acceptable? Spring is obviously a time of renewal but it is ridiculous how many people I’ve heard presumably breaking up via their cell phone.

Here is a sample of a conversation a male patron was having at the store I work at this morning. Props to him for getting in touch with his feelings, but no reward on his vocal delivery to an invisible recipient.

“What you were saying last night hurt my feelings…I don’t know - I’d like to change that.” pause. “See this is you always controlling the situation and that’s the problem.” I feel old school for saying this, but most city dwellers are much less likely to have land lines and use their cell phones as a primary method of communication.

So please, take it inside to your own home or better yet, make some time and meet with the person in question and talk it out- not everyone needs the broadcast news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home