Friday, February 20, 2009

crimes.of.fashion

Mini Trend alert!

Yesterday afternoon my memory was jogged when I saw two guys walking past the store I work at wearing pajama pants. Working with the public I am amused daily by the things people choose to wear outside of the privacy of their homes.

Whether it was the waxing moon a couple of weekends ago, I cannot be certain, but one thing I am sure of is that this was the first time I began seeing pajama pants worn in public. Wally, Ally aka renowned Barista and clairvoyant Holliday Mantis ventured out to the Glenwood Lounge, a hip little hangout near the Heartland Café where our friend Rick tends bar.

Shortly after our arrival a scrappy hipster came in and sat down at the bar. Mind you we had drank a few beers, but my eagle eye was still sharp and it zeroed in on his plaid flannel pajama pants. I had to restrain myself from staring, which I am more likely to do after having a beer.

Maybe it’s the critic in me -- the fashion evolution has obviously moved away from suits and ties at the workplace, but since when did pajamas become acceptable to wear in public? Although I am considering getting a pair of Croc’s. They’ll go nicely with my collection of comfortable footwear, which Wally prefers to call Lesbian shoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger ally said...

funny -- maybe even synchronous -- that you just blogged about this. today as i was getting off the el, a creature was getting on and it was wearing pj pants. it also reeked of patchouli.

it made me think of that guy at the glenwood.

we're so cosmically connected!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

we totally are!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home