Thursday, January 29, 2009

holiday.celebration

With an economic downturn in full swing or the proverbial shitter if you will, I thought it would be best for me to write about something other than BM's after dinner parties or a gay rim job reducing a Canadian mother to tears.

Maybe this is because my family, particularly my mother and sister would speak jubilantly about their BM's of which my father and I could never quite understand. Neither of us have had concern in that department.

Far be it from me to dwell on this topic, so I will move on to share with you all the story our favorite Barista at our morning coffee stop, Pause. She is none other than the lovely Ally, hailing from my home state of New York. I can clearly remember one of her first days where she was still learning how to ring on the register. (cue sweeping chorus and Disney bluebirds here)

Ally was destined to be an over the counter friend. She's also a wee bit witchy in her ways and has on occasion placed horoscopes by the register. One of the columns she would reference for inspiration was a woman by the name of Holiday Mathis.

Wally and I like to give our friends and acquaintances nicknames and our little Ally needed a pseudonym-- thus, Holiday Mantis was born. After which she promptly thanked us and devoured our heads.

2 Comments:

Blogger ally said...

aww!! thanks for the homage!

i'm totally gonna eat your head!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

you will not eat my head! especially if franken-mantis cmes to fruition mwa-ha, ha!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home