Thursday, January 22, 2009

witch.baby

Class is back in session for Wally and his Young Adult Literature class has me excited because I also get to read some of the books he's reading. He calls them baby books because they are short and sweet- the best kind of book for me!

I recently finished reading Francesca Lia Block's Weetzie Bat. The narrative follows the adventures of Weetzie and her best friend Dirk, their friends and relations. On being granted three wishes by a genie, Weetzie discovers that the ramifications of her wishes are not exactly what she had been expecting.

One of the chapters is titled Witch Baby, a nickname Wally and I used for a former Pause Coffee Barista. She once told us that she and her boyfriend shopped at Whole Foods Market otherwise known by many as Whole Paycheck-- organic food don't come cheap. She said that they only spent around $38 a week. I can only imagine they feasted on Quinoa and foraged in the dumpster behind.

Suffice to say the cup doesn't fall far from the pot as the wind whispers that our Witch Baby is now working at Metropolis Coffee up the street.

I imagine she uses voodoo to get her way and now you can too. Don't worry, these are just for fun- I should know as I've sent numerous ones and they haven't worked.

I also just finished watching this and I am in awe.

1 Comments:

Blogger hipsterhomo said...

i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to curse the nemesissy. if only i had a hair from his toupee!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home