Thursday, January 29, 2009

dog.day.afternoon

Growing up, my sister and I always had a dog or cat in our home. My father was a traveling salesman and would return on occasion from a day trip with a lovable furry friend in tow. I don't remember the Airedale terrier named Roger that we had, but I've seen pictures of him and clearly he was into everything. There's a photo of him with what appears to be applesauce next to him. I later asked our mother what this was and she said it was a slipper he had managed to deconstruct.

While perusing one of my favorites sites this afternoon I discovered this and thought of Roger and of our roommate's dog Luke. Luke is a Jack-A-Bee ( Jack Russell/Beagle mix) that asphyxiates himself when you walk him and devours any morsel in his path including discarded chicken wing bones.

Regardless, I love the stylized imagery. Not sure whether to get this book for my nephew Niklas who loves to read or for myself!

3 Comments:

Blogger hipsterhomo said...

did you make up jackabee? cuz its pretty brill. (thats how brits say "cool")

10:26 AM  
Blogger hipsterhomo said...

ps. those first few lines seemed as if they were written about someone else.

I DONT KNOW YOU AT ALL! sob!

:)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

sadly, i did not coin the phrase jackabee, tho i wish i did. here is the site i found http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/jackabee.htm.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home