Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fat, Sweaty and Loud

I wish the ban of cell phone use in automobiles was extended to include those who use theirs on public transportation. This is an incentive to riding the Red Line "L" as there are large expanses that travel underground leaving several cell phone users perplexed. Not nearly as perplexed as say, seeing several CTA workers lined up against the walls of an underground tunnel funhouse style which I did on Thursday morning.

Regardless, I caught the 146 bus which runs along Lake Shore Drive. This route provided a swarthy little troll of a young woman with a free and clear connection. I am not anti-cell phone people, but when you need to loudly broadcast your conversation the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Does this mean that I am beginning to understand the subtle disconnects that occur as you get older or that she is one of the many self-absorbed next generation that will eventually be running our country with their lack of proper upbringing, and stunted maturity?

Clearly I can now understand why people are experiencing hearing loss from their iPods as I turned mine up as loud as I could to drown out her blubbering. Yeesh.

If the observations of physicist Stephen Hawking regarding the earth being subject to a cosmic disaster in the next 100 years prove to be true, I will be on the next spaceship to the moon if it means I can avoid these types of individuals. Provided of course that they are not plagued by an alien colony which would like to use my body as an incubator for their offspring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home