Saturday, June 10, 2006

Lookin' For Love

I have yet to upgrade my clue phone, so it's nice to know that I have friends looking out for me.

My friend Ian invited me to join the next wave of online social networking er...dating sites, Connexion. I haven't really had the most success with these sites but my friend Adam did meet his boyfriend on Friendster. How could I not join when he simply sent me an email saying "hey why not! It's fun and there are hot boys on this site!". Nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

I sifted through a few images of myself looking for ones where I'm smiling. Somehow those seem to get the best response. Regardless, I am beginning to feel too old for this type of thing as I can remember having AOL dial up and meeting people through nothing more than an electronic classified ad without the benefit of pictures, which clearly was not a benefit.

An interesting side note however, is AOL's development of AIM Pages, a social networking site/home page/home base that stays active even when the buddy list is offline. I already have fear enough of leaving Limewire's file sharing program open and unattended.

I can remember meeting a guy back in Buffalo who described himself as blond haired and blue eyed. It was true, but he had maybe three blond hairs on his head and although he was a nice guy, there just wasn't a connection there. We probably could have avoided the awkward goodbye had we never met in the first place. That probably comes off sounding extremely shallow but c'mon now we all have types that we look for and frankly seeing a picture first helps to at least narrow down the field if just a bit.

In addition to tailoring your electronic profile, you can select a series of defaults to help others see just what exactly you're looking for, so that they can sense your freak flag from miles away with just a click of a button. The options you can choose from include:

Friends
Activity Partners
Dating
Serious Relationship

Which begets the question, just what exactly is a "Activity Partner"?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick Aiello said...

You know... tennis... cards... listening to music... sex. They're all activities. ;-)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Would you play Parchesi with me. lol.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home