Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stars: They're Just Like Us

Except they make way more money and get asked to do product endorsements from time to time.

This is so yesterday's news but I can't help but chuckle over this one. First of all, boy bands are like mini all boy schools to me. Somebody is bound to be gay. I remember my parents wanting to put me in an all boy high school. My father had attended Catholic school when he was young. I believe they wanted to do it in my best interest as you can well imagine I was not getting along famously in the public system.

In short, my sister took the high road and learned the subtle nuances of adaptation, while I read books on how to make soap.

Anyhow, my parents didn't put me in an all boys school as I think deep down they knew that would scare the bejesus out of me. I was a raging hormone and I can only imagine what that experience would have done to me, but I digress.

Which brings me to Lance Bass. My roommate has always had a thing for this gay, I mean guy. Personally I think he looks like a puffy fish face, but to each their own. I don't know what he's got as *NSYNC hasn't recorded an album in years, so he must have invested his money wisely or is making some choice royalties off of previous hits because I'll be damned that his boyfriend is Reichen Lehmkuhl from The Amazing Race.

Having pursued acting, see 2001's box office flop 'On The Line', which ironically is the tale of a guy who meets the girl of his dreams on the Chicago 'L' train, but lacks the courage to ask her her name or number. Thus spending the rest of the film looking for her.

His most notable celebrity moment has to be his attempt to purchase a seat on a Russian space ship. He is currently developing an Odd Couple-inspired sitcom pilot with bandmate Joey Fatone in which his character will be gay. He said he thought long and hard about coming out, but I'm pretty sure that *NSYNC is on a permanent hiatus, so this was the perfect time for him to drop the 'G' bomb.

Maybe Reichen has a really small penis? I just don't get it, but it does follow the whole hot housewife and overweight husband that television has been progenerating for years now. I thought for sure that JC Chasez would've been the one to come flying out of the closet, but what do I know?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

There was some chatter on the radio yesterday that Reichen is coming out with a book later this month and Lance's coming out is for the publicity.

Maybe Reichen has a BIG dick and Lance is willing to do anything?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That could be true. Oh the desperation of it all! I always look forrward to your observations Michael. :)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home