Friday, March 24, 2006

See You Later, Alligator

As I consider myself one of the last people hopping on the trend wagon and forking over my paycheck to purchase the latest craze I thought I would let this entry be an homage to Bernard Lacoste. My mother had it right when she used to remove the Alligator on my sister's shirts and sew them on something else, but my sister and I couldn't see it.

In lieu of this, it was announced yesterday that Monsieur Lacoste passed away. Best known for its crocodile-embossed polo shirts, he has been credited with turning the family sportswear business into a major apparel company.

The family has not provided a cause of death, saying only that Lacoste, who stepped down last year as president, had been suffering from a "serious illness" for more than a year.

Not to be disrespectful, but I can't help but wonder if maybe he was spun around in a loom and buried beneath a pile of pique polo's in some sort of accident mirroring the behavior of a real alligator?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home