Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi

One of the funny things about surfing the web or having a conversation with someone is those little things that make you chuckle as they bring up a past memory.

Now yesterday evening my roommate and I drove out to visit our suburban friends. This is a group of varying size depending on who can make it or not. Last night was a small group and we watched a program our friend Rob had recorded called "Wisecrack". Ironically living in the gay hood does not mean you get Logo, but if you live in the suburbs you do. Hmm. Curious.

The one comedienne spoke to the point that they had seen a show that discussed why people are born gay. The theory was that a child was predisposed to a certain amount of gayness dependent upon how much stress their mother was under while gestating. For example, if a mother was really stressed out, the child was more effeminate and if the mother was less stressed more what we call butch.

I found this humorous and interesting at the same time. I also saw a picture of a Princess Leia action figure in its original packaging and thought of a conversation I had with my mother this morning. The gist of it was that I was grateful that they allowed me to be generally as creative as I wanted to be. Remember that my mother did purchase the fuchsia polka dot fabric which I wrote about previously and wore in the swimming pool?

My dad also was working for Max Factor and Rivera during my childhood years, but I never had the desire to put any makeup on. I did admire the sample cases of Rivera hair clips and sunglasses. They seemed so exotic to me. But that is beside the point. I do remember seeing the original Star Wars and wanting to re-create that in our garage.

There was an overweight girl who lived near us. My first fag hag I'm guessing now. I checked out a library book on costumes and asked her to make me a tunic like princess Leia's. I also took my pajama bottoms and put them on my head because the elastic band fit snugly on my head and allowed me to roll the legs up and tuck them in, mimicking the futuristic Swiss Miss Carrie Fisher look.

I mean WTF?! How gay is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home