Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Inner Child

I feel like a a geek this morning as I empty out the paper shredder and think how it is both practical and cathartic. Sitting here drinking my breakfast smoothie and pondering what tasks I would like to accomplish today.

I am happy to say that it has been sunny and clear on both of my days off and there are no clouds in the sky this morning- it's just all blue making me think of Johnny Nash singing "I Can See Clearly Now" on my parent's stereo when I was a little boy. I think I'll grab my camera and take some snaps today. Once I figure out how to integrate them onto this blog I will, but the photo hosting companion to this site prefers the Windows environment.

I find myself still ogling children's picture books when purchasing them for my nephews. I'm looking at the artwork and story. I picked up a great children's book at the De Young in San Francisco called "The Other Side" by Istvan Banyai. I consider this book to be a visual experience that questions the obvious, the top, the bottom, the flip side of what our eyes perceive. Everything on one page corresponds to what happens on the next by showing the "other side". It's a bunch of quirky illustrations that appealed to my sensibilities, so I kept it for myself.

Speaking of children, I found myself Googling man-child actor Kevin Zegers, who plays the son of Felicity Huffman's transgendered parent in "Transamerica". I saw this movie Sunday evening with my roommate and found myself more than a bit distracted when he was on screen.

My Google search led me to numerous fan sites which mostly document his of pre-teen acting days, which made me feel gross because frankly, I wasn't looking for screen caps of a shirtless twelve year old. That's just not it ok, nor does that do anything for me. I was relieved to find out that the Kevin Zegers that piqued my interest is 21, which is still a stretch I know, but not pedophilia. Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home