Friday, August 04, 2006

Love Me Tender?

I know this in poor taste, but I've never claimed that I am about taste all the time. I feel that I should preface this by cribbing a line from Alice in Wonderland and say 'Off With Her Head'. In an odd news story from the Associated Press, a guard dog in London has damaged a collection of rare teddy bears, including one once owned by Elvis Presley.

Barney, a six year old Doberman Pinscher ripped the head off the brown stuffed bear once owned by the young Presley. The bear, named Mabel, was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff and was to be the centerpiece of a teddy bear exhibit at an even more oddly named children's museum Wookey Hole Caves.

Maybe the bear had the slight odor of a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich?

The bear is owned by English aristocrat Benjamin Slade, who purchased it at an Elvis memorabilia auction in Memphis, Tennessee, and had loaned it to the museum. The bear is or should I say was valued at $75,000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home