Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Too Darn Hot

In yet another excessively hot day here in Chicago, I awoke suddenly this morning after having a very strange dream. In it, the interior space of Bloomingdale's Home Store was transformed into some odd approximation of what my mind wanted it to look like. It was a hybrid of many different department store interiors my mind had cataloged.

There was an odd room on the second floor which was poorly laid out and there were panels of quilts hung on racks, much like carpet panels that can be flipped through but about four feet high. I was flipping through them admiring the colors they were available in. There was an overly attentive Sales Clerk which caused me to leave this room faster than I probably would have.

In an attempt to lose this clerk, I went to the third floor which was a high end grocery store space. There were imported pastas and non-perishable goods massed out. In the back of this area was a prepared foods section that had meals to go. I was surprised because it seemed to be mainly fried chicken. There was a set a double doors that had a handwritten sign that said homemade sausage and vegetables.

I pushed these doors open and was surprised by what I saw. It was like the back area of a grocery store. There were bushel baskets with homemade sausages in them but also wilted and rotting vegetables. Shortly after observing this, a woman came bolting through the doors, shrunk and jumped on my shoulder and bit me.

I remember trying to shake her off and I think that must have been what woke me up and caused me to recall it so vividly. At least she didn't bite me in the ass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

Hmmm, that is a strange one. Wonder if thunder might have helped wake you up? it stormed out here south of the city around five or so this morning.

And those strange dreams are so hard to shake.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Indeed. Who really knows, the subconscious mind is a weird place and my mind has a gerbil running on a very fast wheel. :)

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home