Sunday, April 30, 2006

Faces of Death Part Two

How could I forget to talk about this weeks episode of 8th&Ocean? It was an all you can eat drama buffet. I don't like having it in my personal life, but watching it happen to others is a guilty pleasure indeed. Does that make me a bad person?

Again the real star of this show is Madame Tussaud's version of Irene Marie, I mean Irene Marie.

There is a scene where Kelly stops by to discuss her decision to have her breasts augmented. Perhaps she rented the first season of "Nip/Tuck" and decided that trafficking drugs through her breasts as an alternate career move wasn't such a great idea.

Irene Marie has set up this procedure for Kelly, I am certain that she has her plastic surgeon on speed dial. Kelly tells Irene that she didn't expect it to be so soon, it's like a rush, but I don't want it to be a rush," she says. Irene says she must have misunderstood Kelly's intentions, because she thought she wanted to move beyond Skipper and become more Barbie.

Kelly's just not mentally ready yet and decides against it. "Sweetheart, it's in your hands," Irene tells her, "it's in nobody's hands but yours." Irene Marie's face is pulled back and taut with a high pony tail during this episode. If she was able to convey a facial expression, I imagine she would appear vexed. I mean doesn't everyone want to look as good as her?!

She agrees to cancel the operation. After Kelly leaves, Irene calls one of her minions, Suzy to cancel the operation. Shortly after which I believe she mutters something like "we don't know what we want, so we waste everybody's time." I'm not sure if she's referring to Kelly or herself at this point.

It's all too fabulous for words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home