Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Silence of the Sutan

The weekend is here and although I am grateful to have it off, I am a bit disappointed that it is gray and on the cool side. I plugged in my digital camera battery before going to bed so I could get out and take some snapshots today, but as always I get up with the intention of doing one thing and then end up doing another. I will put in in my backpack and should the opportunity arise for an interesting picture, I will have it with me.

It felt like this week was on fast-forward and I have not felt like my usual self. Hell, I didn't even watch America's Next Top Model until the following day and I skipped a day of my eating regimen only to realize how much sodium there is in processed foods. I am going to consume my body weight in water to flush it all out.

Speaking of ANTM, I am haunted by the appearance of Sutan, one of Tyra Banks makeup artists dressed as Tyra. Again, my apologies for no visual here, I did Google to see if I could find an image, but there was none to be found.

Anyhow, you may recall that I referred to Sutan as the role model for Felicity Huffman's Bree in "Transamerica". I seriously do not know what gender Sutan is. I think he's a very androgynous man.

During this weeks episode, he came out to greet the girls as his intepretation of Tyra. It was all to "The Silence of the Lambs" for me. Sutan in full drag with tattoo's on his arms and Tyra coming out and getting ghetto on his ass saying she was "Ty, Ty" or something like that.

When Tyra announced that the remaining girls were going to Thailand, chaos ensued and all the girls started jumping and squealing. Sutan aka faux Tyra did too, but he sounded like the guy from "The Silence of the Lambs".

I am certain there is a screen cap or something out there I can find and when I do, I will put it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

Haha, you make me laugh.
Speaking of Tyra. Everytime my daughter and I are at our stinky mall (northfield down here in Bradley Illinois...don't bother) we pass Victoria Secret. There is a maniquin in the window, who on purpose or not, looks just like Tyra. I say it is all a coincidence, but my daughter swears it's supposed to be her. hmmm, don't know, but they have her standing just like her. lol.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hello Debbi,

I am glad I make you laugh. Life is mostly about laughing isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if that mannequin is supposed to be Tyra, she is somewhat plastic already.

Viva Kate Moss!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home