Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back To Basics

The air coming in through the windows of my apartment is delightfully cool. It feels like the first blush of fall is upon us. This could be why I enjoy the weather of San Francisco so much, at least when its not raining. I like going to bed and having it be cool enough to cudddle and sleep without having to use air conditioning, but warm enough during the day where you can walk around in jeans and a t-shirt.

Yesterday evening Mr. Wright and I took a stroll down Broadway Ave. with the mission of purchasing "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk. He belongs to a small book club and I do love myself a good read, if only I could pull myself away from the computer long enough to read. I should seriously consider a twelve step program.

We passed by the recently opened American Apparel store, which reminds me of the Champion Outlet store I went to with my mom and sister when I was growing up. That was back in the day when iron on transfers were the shit. I clearly remember a long-sleeved baseball-t that had yellow sleeves with a black and gold glittery king tut death mask on it.

I thought that place was a hole, but find it interesting that it has again become chic to offer basics. I told Mr. Wright that I had contemplated an anti-graphic t movement by integrating solid colored basics into my wardrobe- as I am a trend-setter. ha! ha! Of course I never did this, but I did think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home